Meals and Leisure time
Nothing fancy here, just real bites of typical Portuguese cuisine. We will take you to several places where you will find no English menu, so you will have to trust us. The planning includes several city tours in the evening to hang out and relax a bit.
This schedule may change without previous notice.
Monday 3rd July
- Lunch: Churrasqueira da Penha Dentinho. Grilled chicken or pork meat, salad, chips: Typical churrasco style.
- Evening activity: guided city tour around Faro. Duration: 1 hour. Meeting points: 18h45 at Hotel lobby or, alternatively, 19h00 at tourist information (Rua da Misericordia, 8).
- Dinner: Restaurant 2 Irmãos. Two choices: Cataplana or beef meat.
Tuesday 4th July
- Lunch: Sao Luis Snack Bar. Pick one of two choices: Bacalhau à Brás or Jardineira de Vitela, dessert and coffee.
- Evening activity: Boat trip and walk around Olhao, do not forget your swimsuit. Bus departures at 17h00 from Hotel.
- Dinner: Dinner at Pitéu da Baixa Mar, Olhao. Two main dishes to choose: Bife da Maminha or Biqueirões albardados com Arroz de Lingueirão. Starting at 20h. Bus to go back to hotel departing at 21h30.
Wednesday 5th July
- Lunch: Dona Avó. Main course: fish, meat or vegetarian at your choice.
- Evening activity: Bus to Tavira, guided city tour. Bus departures at 17h30 from Hotel.
- Dinner: Indian restaurant at Tavira. Kohinoor Indian Restaurant. Starting at 20h. Bus to go back to hotel departing at 21h30.
Thursday 6th July
- Lunch: Boca Xeia (Casa de Pasto) (TBC). Grilled fish or meat, salad, dessert, coffee. You only choose here if you want fish or meat... and they will serve you whatever they get out from the grill. Typical fish you'll see coming out from the grill are Carapau (Mackerel family), Sargo (White Seabream), Sardine, among others.
- Evening activity: Visit to Estoi including ruined Roman villa of Milreu and free walk around the town. Bus departures at 17h00 from Hotel.
- Dinner: Pousada Palácio de Estói. Starting at 20h. Bus to go back to hotel departing at 21h30.
Friday 7st July
- Lunch: A venda: https://www.facebook.com/avendafaro, close to 7 Petiscos course (Portuguese tapas). Starting at 20h??
- Evening: Ferry to Faro beach, take your swimsuit or just join us to enjoy a beer in one of the beach bars. Departure at 16pm, travel trip: 30 minutes. Last ferry departures back to Faro at 19h30, so we meet at 19h15.
- Dinner: Restaurante O Chaparro. Starting at 21h. Typical Portuguese cuisine from the Alentejo region. Starters (Petisco), then pick one of the two choices: Carne Porco Alentajano or Açorda de Gambas, coffee.